Stainless steel caps are resemble the shape of the tooth and can perform the other materials commonly used. (SS caps are associated with a success rate of 96%-100% ) and they are safe to be used on milk teeth.They easily come off along with the primary tooth as it sheds.that a tooth can especially in damaged, decayed or fractured teeth. The is better
· Teeth who has multiple surfaces decayed due to caries
· Teeth with due to dental caries (decay)
· Indicated in all primary (milk) teeth that undergo root canal treatment
· Fractured milk teeth (post injury or fall)
· Teeth with repeated fracture of fillings.
· Teeth with shape caused by systemic/hereditary (e. g, amelogenesis perfecta, dentinogenesis imperfecta, enamel hypoplasia)
· Prevention of decay in children at high risk of dental disease
· In special need children (physically or mentally disabled)
who are unable to maintain oral hygiene, SS Caps are highly beneficial to
protect the teeth
· Before starting, the Pedodontic will take x-rays of the teeth.
· The dentist will then judge the need for administration of local anaesthesia.
· The is first by about 0.5-1mm following the contours of the crown of the tooth.
· The dentist will first select a proper crown size its to adapt to the shape of the tooth.
· The cap should snugly fit onto the tooth.
· The contoured crown and the prepared tooth are then thoroughly rinsed with water and dried separately.
· Adhesive and coated on the inner side of the crown and fitted on the tooth.
· As a last step the tooth is finally flossed to remove any excess cementing material
Post Crown Precaution -
· If the child has been administered the feeling of may linger. Make sure the child his/her tongue, cheek or lip.
· The child may be prescribed a
· The child will be advised to avoid sticky food for 3-4 days after insertion.
· Regular and should be done to promote healing of the gums and keep it healthy.
· The child can rinse with 2-3 times a day can, this will minimize the soreness and discomfort around the gums.
· The appearance of a white line or loss of shininess indicates inadequate hygiene brushing needs to be improved.
· There may be slurred for a few days
A follow-up visit with the child dentist is indicated only in case of severe gum irritation or pain that does not subside in a few days
To know more contact us at KIDZ AND BRACES DENTAL CLINIC in Jaipur -
Kidz and Braces is a specialized pediatric (child) dental and braces center. Our team is headed by a Pediatric (child) dentist and orthodontist (teeth braces specialist). We excel in providing all round dental and oral hygiene related care for infants, children and teenagers. Kidz and Braces Dental clinic in Jaipur includes a play area with toys, swings, a water fountain to relax our young patients. Our dental chairs are equipped with music system and a Smart High Definition TV on the roof (first in Rajasthan).This makes it a cheerful and relaxing environment. We also have one of the world’s best “HAPPY AIR” conscious sedation equipment to provide a calming and relaxing dental treatment with the most affordable charges.