What is Fluoride Varnish?
· Fluoride varnish is an easily available type of fluoride that provides greater contact time with tooth surface and makes it resistant to dental decay (caries) and cavities.
· It is one of the most preferred methods for preventing caries in high risk children.
Varnish v/s other forms of fluoride-
· Varnish acts a vehicle for holding fluoride in close proximity with the tooth for a longer period of time.
· A specific benefit of varnishes over other methods of dentist-applied fluorides is that varnishes are adhesive (sticky) and hence provide a greater fluoride contact.
· Varnishes pack higher fluoride concentrations in relatively smaller amounts of material
Is it indicated for my child?
· Younger children are at a greater risk of swallowing fluoride in other forms like mouthwash, gels and foams.
· But, fluoride varnishes provide anti decay effect for both permanent and primary teeth.
· So it is indicated in children beyond the ages of 6 years as well along with other forms of topical fluorides.
Method of Varnish application-
· Varnishes need to applied at regular intervals to maintain an anti decay effect.
· This will vary depending on your child’s age, teeth present and his/her dental hygiene.
To know more contact us at KIDZ AND BRACES DENTAL CLINIC in Jaipur.
Kidz and Braces is specialized in pediatric (child) dental and braces center. Our team is headed by a Pediatric (child) dentist and orthodontist (teeth braces specialist). We excel in providing all round dental and oral hygiene related care for infants, children and teenagers. Kidz and Braces Dental clinic in Jaipur includes a play area with toys, swings, a water fountain to relax our young patients. Our dental chairs are equipped with music system and a Smart High Definition TV on the roof (first in Rajasthan).This makes it a cheerful and relaxing environment. We also have one of the world’s best “HAPPY AIR” conscious sedation equipment to provide a calming and relaxing dental treatment with the most affordable charges.